libel means: This is the practice of making a mockery of someone’s reputation and name by publishing lies about them and telling cruel jokes. (in Community Dictionary, added by Alannah Thompson)
What else does libel mean?
- 1. A false or malicious publication that harms someone’s reputation is called defamation. 2. They can damage one’s reputation. (in Community Dictionary, added by Jamarcus Cordova)
- False defamation printed (in Community Dictionary, added by Lillian Hodge)
- Publication or broadcasting of images or words that degrade or harm a person’s reputation is illegal. (in AZ Dictionary)
- A publication, broadcast or incidence of this kind. (in AZ Dictionary)
- Written claims that initiate a lawsuit in an admiralty Court (in AZ Dictionary)
- Publication or broadcasting a libel against (a person). synonym : malign . (in AZ Dictionary)