jam eater means: Anyone who is from Workington in Cumbria or North-West England. Originally, this was a term used to denigrate miners who couldn’t afford meat sanwiches. They ate jam sandwiches instead. (in Community Dictionary, added by Natalia Mckee)
What else does jam eater mean?
- Person who cannot eat with out spilling. A person who spills sticky substances or jam-like substance on their own body. A person who covers themselves in jam and marmalade prior to a canoe trip. They don’t know they have food all over their faces. A person who spills food onto their face. (in Community Dictionary, added by Taliyah Leblanc)
- The Derogotary term, which is used to indicate someone who has Oral Sex while having her period. (in Community Dictionary, added by Emiliano Montero)
- There is a continuing dispute between Workinton and Whitehaven residents in West Cumbria. Because the miners used it for food in their pits, or some other reason, the northernmost town refers to the other as “the other”. It is because once upon a time, Workington was more wealthy than Whitehaven. They used to have the money to buy Jam luzury. Whitehaven was jealous of the Workington friends who coined this phrase. (in Community Dictionary, added by Aaliyah Henry)
- A person from Workington, West Cumbria. (in Community Dictionary, added by Lorenzo Martín)
- It was originally a term for abuse because local miners couldn’t afford to use meat in sandwiches. This is a sign of solidarity to West Cumbria’s people who have fought through difficult times. (in Community Dictionary, added by Branden Valentine)