EGOT means: He is a godlike entity. We must all be grateful to him. All our bases are his, they’re cool and awesome, plus many other things. (in Community Dictionary, added by Mariana Galloway)
What else does EGOT mean?
- Egot, a slang term for igorot is used to refer to the group of indigenous peoples living in the mountainous cordillera area. This term is offensive because it refers to a person who has dark skin, just like latinoshispanics use it for a black individual. It also implies that people with darker features than Europeans are inferior and ugly. (in Community Dictionary, added by Greyson Page)
- Verb or motivational statement that states you can earn any performance award, including an emmy and grammy. This phrase is popularized by T.V. show, 30 Rock. (in Community Dictionary, added by Nadia Parks)
- The term egot was used to refer to dark-skinned indigenous Filipino peoples. However, it has now become an equivalent to nigga for wanksta youth filipino. (in Community Dictionary, added by Lino Velasco)
- Alternative spellings: Egot. Igot is an igorot-derived slang term. The mountainous Filipino peoples are called Igorot. The Filipino term “egot” is used to denote someone with dark skin tones. (in Community Dictionary, added by Inmaculada Gallardo)
- Philip Michael Thomas coined the expression “EGOT”, which means “Emmy”, Grammy, Oscar and Tony”, to refer to his plan of winning them all. (in Community Dictionary, added by Sandra May)