Booyakasha means: A quick exclamation that is used to indicate one’s ownership, abuse, sexual or mental treatment of another person. Followed immediately by a snap of the finger. 2. see above for definition. (in Community Dictionary, added by Kyle Mcfarland)
What else does Booyakasha mean?
- It’s a confusing term, but Ali G did not make it up. KRS-One, a rapper shouts this out during the first song of Dr. Dre’s “Keep Their Heads Ringin'”. 1995. Before Ali G. (in Community Dictionary, added by Marcos Hidalgo)
- Fer Booyakasha is a word that means a lot of fings. It’s a greeting innit, for the most part. Iz use it all da time wit me posse.An When Me iz nobbin J Lo. Straight up, me aignt you. Ye shout out, bredren. Iz out Frek mez, Flamez. (in Community Dictionary, added by Darryl Kennedy)
- Ali G, a Jewish Israeli citizen, actually means something completely different. There’s an entire world in Hebrew called BEVAKASHA, which basically means “Here you go”. He made it to BOOYAKASHA. (in Community Dictionary, added by Chase Berg)
- Booyakasha is derived from “buiochas”, an Irish word meaning “glory to” or “or praise to” (pronounced bwee ah kuss), which in turn means “buiochas Le Dia”, which means “thanks to God”. Oliver Cromwell sent thousands of Irishmen to Jamaica’s plantations, while a number of Irish (or Gaelic) words were made into Jamaican patois. An example of this is the Irish word “Irie”, which comes from “Eirigh”, meaning “Ire-ee”, and means to rise. (in Community Dictionary, added by Nicomedes Hidalgo)
- In an interview with spin.com, Ali G speaks directly from his mouth Can you help us translate our catchphrases, “booyakasha”, and “wagwaan?” “Booyakasha” means “listen up rudeboi everytin irie whayaso lickylicky ya wangagot fifiman.” “Wagwaan” means “booyakasha. “. (in Community Dictionary, added by Kinley Prince)
- Salutaion. Form of greetings and hello’s (in Community Dictionary, added by Philosophy)