AR-15 means: This broad term refers to a military and sporting rifle that Eugene Stoner developed while working at ArmaLite, which is a division Fairchild Aircraft. The patent was eventually sold to Colt due financial problems. The original design released in 1956, was based on the AR-10 in .308, was revolutionary at the time for using a .22 caliber intermediate cartridge, and a semi-direct-impingement . The cartridge had a low recoil rate and comparable terminal ballistics as the larger 7.62x51mm NATO.308 Winchester Winchester 7.308 Winchester 7.62x51mm NATO. The AR-15 can be described as a deadly weapon of war that is designed to kill. The AR platform was originally developed by Eugene Stoner for military contracts. Stoner did not design the AR for killing. He designed it for lightness, low recoil and modularity. The AR also has enough wounding power to last the day. They are often used in mass shootings because they have two things in common. First, Americans don’t know enough about guns. Second, they assume any “tactical” black rifle is an AR. They are also the most widely used rifle in America. The AR is very popular in America, for the same reasons as I mentioned. It is also easily available. You don’t need to be afraid of it. Go take one and you may see the difference. (in Community Dictionary, added by Bethany Dominguez)
What else does AR-15 mean?
- It is an indispensable tool for life to kill terrorists who try to eat on your sofa at night. You can clip 30 magazines in less than a second. (in Community Dictionary, added by Luca Tapia)
- Black plastic rifles are hated because they’re cool and black. (in Community Dictionary, added by Ilkesoul197)
- It is the gun most commonly used in mass shootings. It is actually used in mass shootings because it’s very popular and readily available in America. Fake news media portrays AR-15 as “Most deadly gun ever manufactured” or “Weapon of War”, when in reality it’s a civilian version of M4A1 which is the real weapon of war. (in Community Dictionary, added by Jaylah Beasley)
- This is a civilian, semi-automatic version of the US Army M16. It is legal to possess in all states except California. A good gun. (in Community Dictionary, added by Triplex_Zephyr)
- AR is not for Assault Rifle. (in Community Dictionary, added by Vicenta Carmona)